Dr. Amy L. Doneen, DNP
MSN, BSN, ARNP
Medical Director, Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center
Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center
507 South Washington Street, No. 170
Spokane, WA 99204
Office: (509) 747-8000
Cell: (509) 953-3377
Clinical Associate Professor, Washington State University College of Medicine, Spokane, Washington
Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, Kentucky
Adjunct Professor, Texas Tech Health Science School of Nursing, Lubbock, Texas.
Gonzaga University January 2013 – December 2014
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), Summa cum Laude
- Major area of focus: Closing the gap: Using current literature to improve evidence-based CVD risk assessment in primary care.
Gonzaga University January 1999 – May 2003
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), Summa cum Laude
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Summa cum Laude
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Thesis published April 2003 by University Press: The Relationship between Electron Beam Computed Tomography Calcium Scores and established Clinical and Serologic Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease
Spokane Community College 1992-1994 General studies, ADN-RN
Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center, Spokane, Washington 2005-Present
Owner and Medical Director
Co-owner and cofounder of the BaleDoneen Method for the Prevention of Heart Attacks, Ischemic Strokes and Diabetes 2004-Present
Cofounder of the Heart Attack Prevention Clinic, in partnership with Dr. Bradley Bale, Spokane, Washington 1999-2005
MyGenetx, Tennessee 2016-Present
Cleveland HeartLab, Ohio 2010-2017
Berkeley HeartLab, California 2009-2012
Bale, B., Doneen A., & Collier Cool, L. (2014). Beat the Heart Attack Gene: The Revolutionary Plan to Prevent Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes. Nashville, TN: Wiley.
Bale B. F., Doneen A. L., & Vigerust D. J. Precision Healthcare of Type 2 Diabetic Patients Through Implementation of Haptoglobin Genotyping. Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 2018; 5: 141.
Doneen A. L., & Bale B. F. (2018). The BaleDoneen Method (BDM): A disease- inflammation approach to achieve arterial wellness. Cranio: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice, 36(4), 209-210.
Bale B. F., Doneen A. L., & Vigerust D. J. (2017). High-risk periodontal pathogens contribute to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 93, 215-220.
Bale, B., & Doneen, A. (2017). Anchoring Cardiovascular Wellness in Atherosclerosis and Arterial Inflammation. https://iabdm.org/
Cheng, H. G., Patel, B. S., Martin, S. S., Blaha, M., Doneen, A., Bale, B. & Jones, S. R. (2016). Effect of comprehensive cardiovascular disease risk management on longitudinal changes in carotid artery intima-media thickness in a community based prevention clinic. Archives of Medical Science, 12(4), 728-735.
Guyton, B., LeBeau, J., Sorci, R., & Doneen, A. (2016). Commentary on an Innovative Interprofessional Dental Practice for 2026. Journal of Evidence Based Dental Practice,16 Suppl,11-9.
Bale, B., & Doneen, A. (2016). Proof that Optimal Medical Care and Oral Wellness Can Quickly Shrink Arterial Plaque and Stabilize Cardiovascular Disease. The American Academy for Oral Systemic Health. https://aaosh.org/oral-wellness-arterial-plaque/
Feng, D., Esperat, C., Doneen, A., Bale, B., Song, H., & Green, A. (2015). Eight-year outcomes of a program for early prevention of cardiovascular events: A growth-curve analysis. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 30(4), 281-91.
Doneen, A. L., Dupler, A., & Crogan, A. (2015). Why the RDH is a critical member of the health-care team. Registered Dental Hygiene Program. https://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/volume-35/issue-02/features/why-the-rdh-is-a-critical-member-of-the-health-care-team.html.
Doneen, A. L. (2014). The direct program: A disease/inflammatory vs risk factor evaluation cardiovascular testing program. The International Journal of Nursing & Clinical Practices, 1(107). http://dx.doi.org/10.15344/2394-4978/2014/107
Doneen, A. L., Dupler, A., & Crogan, N. (2014). Cardiovascular wellness and optimal oral health: A symbiotic relationship. Heart Health,1(1) November 26,.
Bale, B., & Doneen, A. (2014). A guarantee of arterial wellness; new era of cardiovascular medicine. Journal of Clinical & Experimental Cardiology, 5(3), 298-301.
Doneen, A. L., & Bale, B. F. (2013). Carotid intima-media thickness testing as an asymptomatic cardiovascular disease identifier and method for making therapeutic decisions. Postgraduate Medicine, 125(2),108–23. doi:10.3810/pgm.2013.03.2645.
Doneen, A. L., & Bale, B. F. (2013). Autophagy, senescence, and arterial inflammation: relationship to arterial health and longevity. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 19(4), 8–10.
Mason, C. M., & Doneen, A. L. (2012). Niacin—A critical component to the management of atherosclerosis: Contemporary management of dyslipidemia to prevent, reduce, or reverse atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 27(4), 303–316. doi:10.1097/JCN.0b013e31821bf93f
Nabors, T., Bale, B., & Doneen, A. (2012). Inculpatory evidence: Periodontal disease assessment and treatment is an essential element in cardiovascular wellness programs. Dental Economics,102(9), 99.
Jones, P. H., Bale, B., & Doneen, A. (2011). Clinician perspective on the benefits of niacin therapy for the treatment of dyslipidemia and strategies to improve long-term adherence to therapy. The Medical Roundtable—Cardiovascular Edition, 2(4), 249–55.
Taylor, A. J., Olendorf, M. W., DeMichele, M., Doneen, A. L., Faulkner, D. A., & Sutton-Tyrell, K. (2011). Appropriate use criteria for carotid intima media thickness testing. Atherosclerosis, 214(1): 43–46.
Bale, B., Doneen, A., & Wegner, M. (2009). The identification of occult cardiovascular disease through the use of a novel biomarker: a case report. Journal of Clinical Lipidology, 3(5), 351–54. doi:10.1016/j.jacl.2009.08.004
Bale, B. F., Doneen, A. L., Drueding, R., & Charland, S. L. (2006). Aggressive risk factor modification in patients with sub-clinical atherosclerosis reduces plaque burden and regresses carotid artery wall thickness. Atherosclerosis, 7(3), 161.
Doneen, A. L., Bale, B. F., Charland, S. L., & Smith, T. F. (2006). Carotid intima-media thickness testing identifies at risk patients missed by Framingham 10-year risk scoring. Atherosclerosis, 7(3), 324.
- 2019 BaleDoneen Preceptorship Course, Orlando, Florida. Two-day CME/CE course that teaches healthcare providers the necessary measures to prevent heart attacks, strokes and diabetes. November 8-9, 2019.
- The American Academy for Oral Systemic Health Scientific Session. Nashville, Tennessee. October 17-19.
- American Dental Association Annual Meeting. San Francisco, California. September 4-7, 2019.
- Pacific Northwest Dental Conference. Bellevue, Washington. June 20-21, 2019.
- Oregon Dental Convention. April 4-6. Joint presentation with Dr. Bradley Bale. “Inflammation: The Oral/Systemic Connection.”
- 107th Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting. “A Guarantee of Arterial Wellness: The BaleDoneen Method and the Critical Role of Oral Health March 21, 2019.
- Monthly Scientific Update Sessions
- Dawson Academy Alumni Retreat. Dental Continuing Education Program. Clearwater, Florida. March 15-16
- BaleDoneen Method Preceptorship. Two-day CME/CE course for medical and dental providers. Austin, TX. February 22-23.
- Cal-a-Vie Health Spa. “Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention for Women.” February 4-8.
- Online Webinar, “Women and Our Hearts: A Message of Reality and HopeWomen and Heart Health.” February, 2019.
- BaleDoneen Preceptorship Program. 17.5 CME hours – American Academy of Family Physicians.
- BaleDoneen Monthly Scientific Update Webinars.
- American Academy of Physiological Medicine & Dentistry. “A Guarantee of Arterial Wellness: The Bale BaleDoneen Method and the Critical Role of Oral Health.” November 9, 2018.
- American Dental Association Meeting, ADA 2018. “Inflammation: The Oral-systemic Connection.” October 18, 2018. Joint presentation with Dr. Bradley Bale.
- MDVIP Annual Conference. September 21-23, 2018.
- AES 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting. “Recognizing Inflammation as the Driver of Arterial Disease.” Joint presentation with Dr. Bradley Bale. February, 21-22, 2018.
- Online Women’s Heart Health Webinar, “Women and Heart Disease—the REAL Deal!” February 2018.
- Greater Loudon Study Club. June 2017.
- Online Women’s Heart Health Webinar, “Women and Heart Disease — the REAL Deal!” February 2017.
- Texas Dental Association Meeting. May 3-4, 2017.
- PDL Seminars Study Club. April 26, 2017.
- Seattle Study Club, March 14, 2017.
- NextLevel Conference, St. Croix. January 18, 2017.
- OraVital KOL Access Webinars on Demand, “High-Risk Pathogens Contribute to the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis.”
- Medical/Dental Open House, Complete Health Dentistry of Columbus.
- Keynote lecture at the Seattle Study Club Annual Meeting, Hawaii.
- Seattle Study Club for several meetings across the country.
- BaleDoneen Preceptorship programs. NextLevel Practice keynote, Pacific Dental Services specialized preceptorship. Washington Academy of Physician Assistants.
- Keynote lectures with Seattle Study Club, Washington State Dental.
- Online Genetic CME courses – Atrial Fibrillation and Women’s Heart Health.
- Webinar, “Women and Cardiovascular Disease,” February 17, 2016. The American Academy for Oral Systemic Health.
- Numerous keynote lectures – MDVIP, Cleveland HeartLab, BaleDoneen Preceptorships, BaleDoneen Reunion. Washington Association of Physician Assistants Annual Meeting, Keynote Spokane Nurse Practitioner Association.
- Keynote address: “Say Ahhhh – the Oral Systemic Connection.” April 2014. Tri Cities Washington.
- “Arteriology: Where disease and inflammation collide. Recognizing the Oral/Systemic Connection.” A. Doneen. Keynote speaker, American Academy for Oral Systemic Health Science Meeting, St. Louis: September 2014.
- Featured speaker, 2nd International Conference on Nursing & Healthcare, November 17-18, 2014.
- Cleveland HeartLab Annual Symposium.
- “Arteriology: Where disease and inflammation collide. Recognizing the Oral/Systemic Connection.” B. Bale & A. Doneen. Featured speakers, American Academy for Oral Systemic Health Science Meeting. Las Vegas: September 2013.
- “Brain Health as it Relates to Cardiovascular Wellness: Minorities Carry Higher Risk and Lower Awareness.” A. Doneen & B. Bale. Seminar presentation, American Osteopathic Association Annual Osteopathic Medical Conference and Exposition, Las Vegas: September 2013.
- Reno Medical School Annual Conference.
- National DO Meeting Annual Conference.
- Cleveland HeartLab Annual Symposium.
- American Academy of Dental Practice Annual Meeting.
- “Independent Effects of Risk Factors and Treatment on Carotid Intima-Media Thickness Progression in a Community Practice American Heart Association,” B. Patel, M. Blaha, A. Doneen, B. Bale, & S. Jones. American Heart Association Scientific Sessions, Los Angeles: November 2012.
- “Carotid Intima-Media Thickness: Refining Cardiovascular Disease Risk.”
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants Conference: 2012.
- North Carolina National Family Practice Meeting: 2012.
- Reno Medical School Annual Conference: 2012.
- National DO Meeting Annual conference: 2012.
- Cleveland HeartLab Annual Symposium: 2012.
- Prediction and Evaluating Effects of Lipid Therapies,” A. L. Doneen & C. M. Mason. Poster presentation, Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association Annual Symposium, Lake Buena Vista, FL: March 2011.
- The Medical Roundtable: “Clinician Perspective on the Benefits of Niacin Therapy for the Treatment of Dyslipidemia and Strategies to Improve Long-Term Adherence to Therapy.
- Keynote speaker, American Academy of Oral Systemic Health: June 2011
- Society for Atherosclerosis Imaging Prevention, Bethesda, MD: April 2011.
- Keynote speaker, American Academy of Private Physicians annual symposium: 2011.
- Berkeley Heart Lab National Speakers series, multiple U.S. cities: 2011
- Cleveland HeartLab Annual Symposium: 2011.
- Committee member (12-person international committee) for the definition and clinical utility of cIMT with the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging Prevention 2009-2010.
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants Conference: 2010.
- Keynote speaker, Women’s Heart Symposium, Beverly Hills; Cheyenne; Lubbock: 2010.
- Berkeley Heart Lab National Speakers series, multiple U.S. cities: 2010.
- Reno Medical School Annual Conference: 2010.
- “113 Patients with Atherosclerosis Missed by Framingham 10-year Risk Scoring.” A. Doneen, B. Bale & D. Feng. International Symposium on Atherosclerosis, Boston: June 2009.
- Podium presenter, International Society of Atherosclerosis, Boston: June 2009.
- Keynote speaker, Women’s Heart Symposium, Beverly Hills, Cheyenne, & Lubbock.
- Keynote speaker, National DO meeting, Las Vegas.
- Presenter, European Atherosclerotic Society Meeting, Helsinki, Finland: 2008.
- “Carotid Intima-media thickness augments Framingham scoring in assessing CV risk in metabolic syndrome patients,” A. L. Doneen, B. F. Bale, & S. L. Charland. Congress of the European Atherosclerosis Society, Helsinki, Finland: June 2007.
- “Effect of aggressive CV risk factor management on lipoproteins and carotid intima-media thickness in patients with metabolic patients,” B. F. Bale, A. L. Doneen, & S. L. Charland, Congress of the European Atherosclerosis Society, Helsinki, Finland: June 2007.
- Speaker, “Metabolic Syndrome,” Washington State Academy of Physician Assistants, Spokane: October 2007.
- Member of four-person National committee for the development and allocation of a National CME grand round presentation on metabolic syndrome – Grundy, Sacks, Doneen, Kountz: 2007.
- Keynote speaker, West Texas Women’s Health Symposium. Keynote speaker, West Texas Cardiac Symposium: 2007
- Speaker, “Know Your Risk,” Sacred Heart Women’s Show. 2006.
- Podium presentation, International Society of Atherosclerosis, Rome, Italy: June 2006.
- “The Effectiveness of Multiple Interventions on Carotid Artery Atherosclerosis in a Clinical Setting,” B. F. Bale, A. L. Doneen, & T. F. Smith, poster presentation, Conference on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, Washington, DC: April 2005.
- Presentation at the Sixth Annual Atherosclerosis and Vascular Biology Conference: 2005.
- Poster presentation, Annual Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology Conference with the American Heart Association. Washington, DC: April 2004.
KEYNOTE SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, Cheyenne Wyoming’s American Heart Disease luncheon for women.
- Keynote speaker at the California State NP meeting in San Diego, CA.
- Keynote speaker at the Washington State Association of CV Nurses.
- Keynote speaker, First Annual Cardiovascular Symposium at St. James Heart & Vascular Institute. Tinley Park, IL.
DOCTOR OF NURSING PRACTICE SCHOLARLY PROJECT/DISSERTATION
- Chairperson: Neva L. Crogan, PhD, GCNS-BC, GNP-BC, FNGNA, FAAN
- Committee persons: Alice E. Dupler, JD, APRN-BC, ANP-BC, GCNS-BC
- Agency affiliation: Gonzaga University
- Completion date December 2014
- Description: Identifying the barriers associated with the implementation of evidence-based nursing practice: using a CME approved cardiovascular disease program for the assessment of vascular health.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Partner in Health Award, Washington Dental Hygienists Association: 2017, presented for “educating the community on the oral-systemic connection to cardiovascular disease and the role of dental hygienists in collaborative care.”
- Lloyd Rudy Leadership Award AAOSH: 2015.
- Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging Prevention committee chair: 2012.
- Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging Prevention Scientific Sessions: Appropriate use committee: April 2011.
- Oral presentation for the International Atherosclerosis Society, Boston: June 2009.
- Committee member (12-person international committee) for the definition and clinical utility of cIMT with the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging Prevention: 2009-2010.
- BaleDoneen Preceptorship course AAFP accreditation for category 1 CME hours.
- International advisory board on the clinical utility of CIMT—roundtable meeting in Washington, DC, September 2008—12-member panel of U.S. and Italian medical providers.
- Cochair of National 5.5-hour National CME program addressing residual risk in CV disease. Development and delivery of program to 20 major U.S. cities in 2008 and 2009.
- Chair of the Pacific Northwest Preventative Cardiovascular Nurses Association: 2007-2010.
- Principal Instructor of the BaleDoneen Preceptorship CME program: 2006-present.
- Presentation at the European Atherosclerosis Society 76thannual conference in Helsinki, Finland: June 10, 2007.
- Member of 4 person National committee for the development and allocation of a National CME grand round presentation on metabolic syndrome – Grundy, Sacks, Doneen, Kountz: 2007.
- International board member of DeCODE genetics, investigating the role of genetics in the clinical arena.
- Presentation at the Sixth Annual Atherosclerosis and Vascular Biology Conference: 2005.
- Podium speaking presentation at the International Symposium of Atherosclerosis, Rome, Italy: 2006.
- Summa cum laude graduate of Gonzaga University.
- American Heart Association, Member
- Member of the American Stroke Association, Member
- National Lipid Association, Member
- American Diabetic Association, Member
- American Academy of Oral Systemic Health, Founding Member
- Coalition for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease, Member
- Society for Atherosclerosis, Imaging, Prevention, Member
- Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, Member
- American Academy of Private Physicians, Member
- Pacific Northwest chapter of the Preventative Cardiovascular Nurses Association, Chair
- The Heart Attack Prevention Center, Cofounder
- The BaleDoneen Method of CHD Prevention, in partnership with Dr. Bradley Bale, MD, Cofounder
- Sigma Theta Tau International; a nursing honor society focused on nursing research and nursing education, Active Member
- Nurse Practitioner Group of Spokane; a monthly continuing educational seminar forum, Member
- “Healthy U” at Deaconess Medical Center, Member
Doneen, A. L., Bale, B. F. (2014, February). Why Healthy People Have Heart Attacks. Spry Living.
Doneen, A. L. (2014, February). Simple Lifestyle Changes that Will Boost Your Heart Health. Expert Beacon.
MEDIA COVERAGE, INTERVIEWS AND REVIEWS
KXLY TV. “Spokane mom reflects on having two heart attacks in one week.” February 26, 2019. Link title to https://www.kxly.com/features/happy-life/-happylife-spokane-mom-reflects-on-having-two-heart-attacks-in-one-week/1040229668
eCareDiary Radio. “Understanding Cardiovascular Risks for Seniors and Caregivers.” February 19, 2019. Link to https://www.ecarediary.com/CommentRadioShow.aspx?id=1272
Feinsinger, Greg. “Cholesterol and beyond.” PostIndependent Citizen Telegram. February 18, 2019. https://www.postindependent.com/news/local/doctors-tip-cholesterol-and-beyond/
PerioProtect Blog. “Your Heart Hearts Healthy Gums.” February 15, 2019. https://www.perioprotect.com/your-heart-hearts-healthy-gums/
Feinsinger, Greg. “What to do if you have plaque in your arteries.” PostIndependent Citizen Telegram. February 11, 2019. https://www.postindependent.com/news/local/doctors-tip-what-to-do-if-you-have-plaque-in-your-arteries/
Feinsinger, Greg. “February is heart month—do you and your loved ones have healthy arteries?” PostIndependent Citizen Telegram. February 4, 2019.
News release. “Dr. Amy Doneen Honors American Heart Month with a Free Webinar on Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention for Women. February 1, 2019. https://baledoneen.com/2033-2/
Criscione, Wilson. “Taming the Pain: How to manage chronic pain without the use of addictive opioids.” Islander. October 1, 2018.
The Best Practices Show with Kirk Behrendt, Episode 108. “How Dentists Are Saving Lives, Not Just Cleaning Teeth.” https://player.fm/series/the-best-practices-show-2360929/episode-108-how-dentists-are-saving-lives-not-just-cleaning-teeth-with-dr-amy-doneen
Seattle Study Club. “Practice Inspiration Special Edition with Dr. Amy Doneen.” https://seattlestudyclub.com/resources/practice-inspiration/
Dr. Life. “The BaleDoneen method: Why it’s cutting edge, why it’s important, why it’s better than the normal form of heart disease treatment.” https://www.drlife.com/the-baledoneen-method-why-its-cutting-edge-why-its-important-why-its-better-than-the-normal-form-of-heart-disease-treatment
Humphreys, Julie. “Take it to heart: Ultrasound test that locates plaque in your arteries.” KHQ 06. http://www.khq.com/story/7767793/take-it-to-heart-ultrasound-test-that-locates-plaque-in-your-arteries
“Defining Each Segment of a Complete Health Practice.” Partners in Complete Health. http://www.partnersincompletehealth.org/defining-each-segment-of-a-complete-health-practice
Feinsinger, Greg. “Almost all heart attacks can be prevented—why aren’t they?” PostIndependent Citizen Telegram. February 26, 2018. https://www.postindependent.com/news/local/doctors-tip-almost-all-heart-attacks-can-be-prevented-why-arent-they/
“Webinar to Explore Link Between Heart Health and Gum Health.” Dentistry Today, February 2, 2018. http://www.dentistry2day.com/dtnewsline/news/industrynews/item/2890-webinar-to-explore-link-between-heart-health-and-gum-health
Codemo, Roberta. “Healthy mouth, healthy body: The importance of periodontal health to general health.” Illinois Times. January 25, 2018. https://illinoistimes.com/article-19610-healthy-mouth-healthy-body.html
Travelwirenews.com. “BaleDoneen Experts Discuss President Trump and the Deadly Myth of ‘Nonclinical’ Heart Disease.” January 18, 2018. https://travelwirenews.com/baledoneen-method-experts-discuss-president-trump-and-the-deadly-myth-of-nonclinical-heart-disease-652269
Fox News. “The common health condition men don’t know about—until they have a heart attack.” http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/02/14/common-health-condition-men-dont-know-about-until-have-heart-attack.html
The Best Practices Show with Kirk Behrendt, Episode 103. “Dr. Amy Doneen: A New Look at the Link Between the Oral-Systemic Connection and Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention.” https://actdental.com/works/103/103-dr-amy-doneen/
Trettenero, Scott; Molzan, Arthur; Roberts, Thomas. “The Next Paradigm Shift in Dentistry.” Inside Dentistry. October, 2017. https://www.aegisdentalnetwork.com/id/2017/10/the-next-paradigm-shift-in-dentistry
O’Connor, Rachel, & Levine, Jonathan B. “This New, Treatable Cause of Heart Disease is Bridging the Gap Between Doctors and Dentists.” HuffingtonPost. July 13, 2017. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-new-treatable-cause-of-heart-disease-is-bridging_us_59679b66e4b0524d8fa7fb93
Nagelberg, Richard. “Periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease: the impact of causality.” Dentistry IQ. March 13, 2017.
Nagelberg Richard. “Perio pathogens cause atherosclerosis.” Dental Economics, March 1, 2017. https://www.dentaleconomics.com/articles/print/volume-107/issue-3/science-tech/perio-pathogens-cause-atherosclerosis.html
McGregor, Anne. “A Heart-to-Heart with Amy Doneen.” Inlander.
Oralsystemiclink.net video. “The Vital Importance of the Mouth-Body Connection.” http://oralsystemiclink.net/patients/profile/the-vital-importance-of-the-mouth-body-connection
“Dr. Bradley Bale and Dr. Amy Doneen kick off OraVital’s webinar series.” Dental Tribune, January 9, 2017. Also published in Dentaltown.com. https://www.dentaltown.com/news/details/10091/drs-bradley-bale-and-amy-doneen-kick-off-oravitals-2017-kol-access-webinar-series
Fox Health News. “10 things your doctor wants you to know.” October 24, 2016. http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/10/24/10-things-your-doctor-wants-to-know.html
Fox Health News. “Can This Test Predict Heart Attack?” May 9, 2016. http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/05/09/can-this-test-predict-heart-attack.html
Kahn, Joel. “Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Specialists: The Time is Now.” HuffingtonPost. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-kahn-md/heart-attack-and-stroke-prevention-specialists-the-time-is-now_b_8516220.html
“How Can My Dentist Prevent Heart Attacks and Strokes?” New Castle Dentistry. https://www.nccodental.com/baledoneen-heart-attack-and-stroke-prevention/
“The BaleDoneen Method.” Bluegrass Preventive Medicine. https://www.bioidenticalhormoneslexingtonky.com/baledoneen-method
Flannigan, Jenna. “You’re Breaking Your Own Heart. No, Really.” Good: Wellness Project, February 13, 2015.
Berson, Tara Rummell. “6 Heart Attack Symptoms Women Ignore.” SafeBee, February 5, 2015. http://www.safebee.com/health/6-heart-attack-symptoms-women-ignore
Fox 8 News. “New medical nonprofit launches in Lubbock.” April 11, 2015. http://www.fox8live.com/story/28780195/new-medical-non-profit-launches-in-lubbock
“Amy Doneen: Curbing Cardiac Events.” Journal of Business, July 31, 2014. https://www.spokanejournal.com/local-news/curbing-cardiac-events/
KXLY.com. “Amy Doneen discusses heart health and her new book.” February 19, 2014. https://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/spokane/amy-doneen-discusses-heart-health-and-her-new-book/164376924
Healthwatch podcast. “Beat the Heart Attack Gene with Amy Doneen.” February 17, 2014. http://www.drnaimon.com/2014/02/17/beat-the-heart-attack-gene-with-amy-doneen/
KBOO-FM podcast. “Beat the Heart Attack Gene with Amy Doneen.” February 17, 2014. http://www.drnaimon.com/2014/02/17/beat-the-heart-attack-gene-with-amy-doneen/
CFIS-FM. “Beat the Heart Attack Gene.” February 3, 2014. http://previous.ncra.ca/dspProgramDetail.cfm?programID=145665&CFID=1467&CFTOKEN=460A5A13-D347-4A20-B5DAA5637A4137FD
Barville, Jill. “Studies have linked gum disease to cardiovascular disease.” The Spokesman-Review. February 4, 2014. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/feb/04/brush-with-danger/
Russell, Megan. “Keeping Heart Healthy: What Women Need to Know About Cardiovascular Disease.” Austin Woman Magazine. February, 2014. http://issuu.com/austinwoman/docs/02_aw_february/75?e=1966870/6539479
Bergen, Teresa. “How Beta Blockers Can Affect Your Exercise Routine.” Health Journal, 2014. http://www.thehealthjournals.com/beta-blockers-exercise/
“Autophagy, Senescence, and Arterial Inflammation: Relationship to Arterial Health and Longevity.” Global Medical Discovery. March 16, 2014. https://globalmedicaldiscovery.com/key-scientific-articles/autophagy-senescence-arterial-inflammation-relationship-arterial-health-longevity
The Free Library. “Heart Attack Prevention Expert Amy Doneen Becomes First Graduate of Gonzaga University’s Doctorate in Nursing Practice.” June 27, 2014. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Heart+Attack+Prevention+Expert+Amy+Doneen+Becomes+First+Graduate+of…-a0372955106
Tager, Mark J. “Errors in Heart Risk Assessment: All-Too-Common, Easily Avoided.” Holistic Primary Care. https://www.holisticprimarycare.net/topics/topics-a-g/cardiovascular-health/1605-errors-in-heart-risk-assessment-all-too-common-easily-avoided.html
Ashley, Alex. “What’s your hidden heart attack risk?” Prime. September, 2013.
Q & A with Amy L. Doneen, MSN, ARNP, Medical Director of the Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center in Spokane, Washington. Cover story in Line Nurse Practitioners. August, 2013. https://cdn-5a0e39aaf911ca1e30bcc583.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2013-08_August_NEWS-Line_featuring_Amy.pdf
“BaleDoneen Method responds to the untimely passing of James Gandolfini.” https://www.baledoneen.com/baledoneen-method-responds-to-the-untimely-passing-of-james-gandolfini/
“Could it Happen to You? 37-Year-Old Mom Recovers from Two Heart Attacks.” Spokesman-Review, September 23, 2012.
“Trailblazing Nurse Practitioner Vows to Prevent Heart Attacks: Innovative Heart Health and Stroke Prevention Center Founded in Spokane.” Spokesman-Review Live WELLMagazine, September 23, 2012.
Kincade, Kathy. “New CE venture encourages dentist, physician collaboration.” DrBicuspid.com, June 29, 2012.
Beck, Melinda. “If Your Teeth Could Talk.” The Wall Street Journal, December 27, 2011.
Walton-Shirley, Melissa. “The BaleDoneen methods of heart attack and stroke prevention: So you have a better idea?” Medscape News & Perspective, March 3, 2011. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/802323
WBRZ. Interview with Amy Doneen and Bradley Bale. June 9, 2010. https://www.baledoneen.com/interview-at-wbrz-in-baton-rouge/
ESPN. “Seahawks take risk of heart disease seriously.” May 7, 2009. https://www.baledoneen.com/espn-seahawks-take-risk-of-heart-disease-seriously
Rowland, Peggy. “Q & A: Cholesterol Concerns for Women.” Alloy Daily Media, October 26, 2009. http://www.alloy.com/well-being/qa-cholesterol-concerns-for-women
“Dr. Amy Doneen on the subject of aspirin usage.” Is low-dose daily aspirin for heart attack and stroke prevention helpful or harmful? March 19, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B63pATFgYb0
“Luke Perry CIMT.” Dr. Amy Doneen Discusses “Beverly Hills, 90210” star Luke Perry’s death from a heart attack at age 52—could it have been prevented? March 7, 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGSBYVI4wq4&feature=share